June 23, 2009
Mango Languages - Available Position as a Turkish Editor
Mango Languages is currently rolling out a second version of language learning software and is in need of an editor for a Turkish course.
Turkish Linguistics Course Editor
Mango Languages is a state-of-the-art software developer that currently offers more than a dozen language-learning programs. We are looking to double the number of our course offerings in the next few months, and we are seeking to fill several positions immediately with highly qualified, self-motivated teachers and experts in foreign languages to write and develop our language courses.
Mango teaches people foreign languages by taking into account the way people actually learn and acquire fluency in foreign languages. Our talented team of linguists, programmers, designers, and voice talents incorporate linguistic theories that actually work, and we also bring humor and levity into the language learning process to keep students (as well as ourselves) motivated. Our results prove that we teach people languages in a fun and exciting way!
Mango is currently seeking talented individuals to act as editors for our language-learning programs. The right candidate is passionate about languages and has solid academic backgrounds and experience
in editing curriculum for students. We are looking for people to start immediately, but who want to thrive in a long-term partnership with opportunities for advancement. Our immediate needs are for Editors in the following language: Turkish.
· The editor will work remotely to edit an entire foreign language course. Each course consists of 100 lessons, and each lesson teaches a “real-life” conversation to the student.
· Editing lessons based on relevant and real conversations. The conversations serve as the “textbook” for instruction. Each of conversation is taught part by part in order to maximize the students’ retention of the foreign language.
· Editing grammatical and cultural footnotes to accompany lessons. During the analysis of the conversation, the linguist will include grammatical and cultural notes providing the student with a comprehensive approach to learning.
· Edit translations to ensure excellence: Apart from the grammar and cultural notes, the editor must be an excellent translator who provides literal translations, understood meanings, phonetic transcriptions, and idiomatic expressions where necessary.
· Native Speaker. The courses are created for beginner- and intermediate-level language learners. Editors must have a mastery of both the source and the target languages, which involves having a high understanding of grammar and culture.
· Graduate Degree preferred. Bachelor’s degrees will be considered.
· Teaching Experience: Minimum of 2 years editing experience
· Flexible scheduling: Most of the work will be done online; a minimum commitment of 5-10hours per week is required to stay on deadline.
· Internet Connection and Basic Computer Skills
· Excellent time management and communication skills
· Estimated Overall Project Completion Time: 200 Hours (approximately)
Mango will provide a thorough orientation and training package describing the process of lesson development using our intuitive proprietary software. Before the hiring process is completed, the successful candidate will have demonstrated mastery of the concepts by passing three short tests over the training material.
Please send resumes and inquiries to Alan Robertson at the following email address: email@example.com
foreign language, teacher, ESL, translator, professor, content writer, developer, software, linguist, linguistics, freelance; curriculum;
Posted by kpfister at June 23, 2009 01:06 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Mango Languages - Available Position as a Turkish Editor:
Tracked on March 24, 2011 01:51 PM
Tracked on April 19, 2011 05:04 PM
» Free Easy Credit Card Debt Relief from Free Credit Card Debt Relief
Free Easy Debt Relief provides professional Debt Settlement, Debt Management and Credit Counseling services designed to help you avoid bankruptcy while... [Read More]
Tracked on April 20, 2011 02:02 PM
Tracked on April 21, 2011 08:01 PM
Tracked on April 23, 2011 12:09 PM
Tracked on April 24, 2011 07:53 AM
Tracked on April 28, 2011 01:58 AM
Tracked on April 28, 2011 08:20 PM
Tracked on April 29, 2011 05:28 PM
Tracked on May 4, 2011 05:00 PM
Tracked on August 1, 2011 01:45 PM
Tracked on August 6, 2011 11:54 PM
Tracked on August 10, 2011 07:49 PM
Tracked on August 18, 2011 03:10 PM
Tracked on September 28, 2011 03:47 PM
Tracked on October 10, 2011 07:58 PM
» Custom Home Builders St. Louis from Bathroom Remodeling St Louis
Excellent thread, I saw this really intriguing thread today and I wanted to link to it. Thanks again for taking the time to post. [Read More]
Tracked on December 10, 2011 05:42 PM
Tracked on April 10, 2013 09:14 PM
Tracked on April 17, 2013 08:04 PM