September 23, 2009
Call for Work: Arts & Bodies Festival
Arts & Bodies
Festival of Work
Type of work sought: We welcome lectures, performances, panel presentations, exhibits, round table conversations, demonstrations, courses, workshops, film screenings and discussion, original video, and work in any other medium that elaborates the theme of Arts & Bodies, preferably in illuminating interdisciplinary combinations.
In addition to work from the artistic disciplines, we invite work from, say,
• Materials Science Engineering on the development of materials that affect our sensory perceptions of art
• Computer Science on the interaction of animation techniques and our vision
• Law on how definitions of pornography have affected (and been affected by) art and artists
• Business on the commercial force of artistically rendered bodies
• Art History, Women's Studies, Anthropology, Philosophy, Psychology, area studies programs: from across the entire university, we seek a wide range of perspectives on Arts & Bodies.
Source of work: We welcome work from faculty, students, and staff.
Support for work: Arts on Earth will promote your contribution internally and externally as part of the "Arts & Bodies" festival, and will provide up to $500 to support development and presentation of the work. (Total support to be $4,000.)
Deadline: October 1.
Submission: To add your work to the Arts & Bodies festival website, e-mail a description no more than two pages in length, to include a title and description of the work; contact information; names and departments of people involved in producing it; and dates, location, and time (if known and applicable). If you’re requesting financial support, include a budget demonstrating need. Send your submissions and questions to the Arts on Earth director Theresa Reid, email@example.com.
Posted by kpfister at September 23, 2009 03:06 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: