April 07, 2010
Third Annual Middle East Studies conference at CSU Fresno
Call for Proposals: The 3rd Annual Middle East Studies Conference
October 7-9, 2010 at California State University, Fresno
Deadline for Abstract Submission: June 1, 2010
The conference intends to bring together faculty, scholars, and graduate students whose area of research focuses on the Modern Middle East.
While the conference is concerned mostly with teaching about the Middle East, other areas dealing with the modern Middle East will be considered as well. In particular, priority will be given to the following researchtopics:
- Art, Architecture, Visual & Performing Arts
- Academic Freedom
- Human Rights
- History & Historiography
- Literature, Literary Studies & Linguistics
- Culture and Society
- Diaspora & Migration Culture
- Middle East Politics & Representations
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Media Studies (including Film, Broadcast, Print, News, etc.)
- Economic development, Sustainability and Democratic transitions
- Business and Finance
- Religion in the context of the Middle East
Proposals for complete panels will be given priority. However, the conference is also open to individual proposals.
Panel Proposals: Panel proposals should be submitted by a moderator, inviting three to four presenters to discuss a topic relevant to the themes mentioned above. The topic should be one that would benefit
from diverse opinions and open discussion. Panel presentations will be limited to 90 minutes.
Paper Proposals: Exploring original research on the Middle East by one or more authors. Presentations will be 20 minutes long.
All submissions should be in MS Word and mailed electronically to:
Dr. Sasan Fayazmanesh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Program Committee Chair
Department of Economics
California State University, Fresno
5245 N. Backer MS/PB20
Fresno CA 93740-8001
Please include the following:
- Cover Sheet: Required for all submissions. On a separate cover sheet, list the title of the presentation,author name(s), school affiliation(s), contact person address, and audio-visual requirements. Please make a separate cover sheet for each submission.
- Abstracts: Abstract submissions should be approximately 500 words and must be in English. Abstract and full paper submissions should be sent in MS Word or PDF document format. Please include title but
do not include author name(s) or school affiliation(s).
Deadline for abstracts: June 1, 2010
Notification of acceptance: August 1, 2010CONFERENCE
FEES, REGISTRATION & ACCOMMODATION
Participants are expected to complete the registration process before September 1, 2010. Failing to send the registration fees on or before this date might result in excluding the paper from the proceedings. Registration fee is $75 for conference participants and $25 for students. An additional $25 will be charged for late registration.
Accommodation is available at Piccadilly Inn University Hotel, 4961 North Cedar Avenue, Fresno, CA 93726,(559) 224-4200.
Posted by kekeenan at April 7, 2010 01:24 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: