November 01, 2010
Tomorrow’s Youth Organization
Tomorrow’s Youth Organization (TYO) is an American non-profit organization that works in disadvantaged areas of the Middle East, enabling children, youth and parents to realize their potential as healthy, active and responsible family and community members.
TYO is recruiting highly qualified and motivated interns interested in community development, early childhood and youth programming, and conflict resolution to work at our flagship center in Nablus (West Bank, Palestine) for our spring programs (February – April 2011).
TYO Interns will work full-time in cooperation with TYO local and international staff. Interns will create spring programs for children, youth and adults from refugee camps and other marginalized areas of the Nablus community. Each intern will develop and implement their own creative curriculum(s) through the spring, documenting development growth/gains in their class and in their participants, as well as informally acting as a liaison between TYO and the local community.
Spring programs may include after-school classes in sports, drama, art, evening English classes, and weekend recreational activities. Also, there are opportunities to collaborate with other organizations in Nablus as well as on grant-funded projects, at the TYO Center, in the areas of intercultural dialogue, photography/painting and micro-finance projects for women.
The application is due November 21, 2010.
The primary requirements for the position are:
- Enthusiasm for work with children, youth and community members
- Maturity, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and a good sense of humor given the challenging nature of daily life in Nablus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as perform as a member of a team
- Commitment to TYO’s non-political, non-religious approach
- Creativity and positive energy for making a difference
Successful applicants will be native English speakers and have significant experience with childhood and youth programming, international experience and maturity. Graduate students, young
professionals and/or undergraduates are invited to apply. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in the areas below:
- arts, drama, dance, sports particularly when used as therapy
- teaching/mentoring (e.g. camp counselor, tutor, etc)
- undergraduate or graduate studies in education, psychology/social work, journalism and
new media, Middle East studies, or related fields
- writing & new media (social media (e.g. Flickr, Twitter, WordPress, etc), documentary film production and editing, photography)
- English as a Second Language (for all ages)
- Levantine Arabic speakers (a plus but translators will be provided)
Tomorrow's Youth Organization
+972 (0) 9238 0352 office
+972 (0) 9238 4126 fax
Posted by kekeenan at November 1, 2010 12:15 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: