« Summer 2012 Opportunity for Students: Summer Institute for Intensive Arabic Language and Culture at Lebanese American University (Beirut Campus) | Main | The National Council Fellowships: Washington, DC Summer Internship Program »
February 01, 2012
Executive Director Position
Executive Director Position
Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt
We are the Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt. Established in 1949, we are the oldest and largest Fulbright program in the Arab world. We pursue mutual understanding through mutual educational exchange between Egypt and the United States. The Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt manages Fulbright programs for nearly 100 American or Egyptian scholars, students, and professionals each year. We seek an Executive Director who will report directly to a binational board of directors.
Our Executive Director will:
* Lead the Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt in redefining itself to address the new reality in Egypt and the resulting new binational relationship;
* Supervise a team-oriented staff of 17 professionals in planning, implementing and evaluating the Commission's Fulbright exchange programs;
* Ensure that the Commission's activities are consistent with the policies of the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, and compatible with the American and Egyptian academic environments;
* Maintain and enhance the Commission's interactions with American and Egyptian academics, alumni, government officials, and NGOs;
* Manage the Commission's grants programs "one Fulbrighter at a time," so that each grantee is better prepared to pursue what Senator J. William Fulbright called the "essence of intercultural education: empathy, the ability to see the world as others see it, and to allow for the possibility that others may see something we have failed to see...."
An ideal candidate will have:
* Advanced degree from an American university;
* Intimate familiarity with universities and research institutions in Egypt and the United States;
* Extensive experience as an effective senior manager of Fulbright and/or other academic exchange programs (knowledge of U.S. Government programs is an advantage);
* Demonstrated acquaintanceship with both American and Egyptian culture and society;
* Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
The Executive Director will travel extensively in Egypt and, occasionally, to the United States or elsewhere. A two-year contract, renewable by mutual consent, will be offered to the successful candidate beginning June 1, 2012. Salary will be commensurate with experience and is negotiable. E-mail a letter of application, a CV, and three letters of recommendation to FulbrightNEA@state.gov by Monday, March 5, 2012.
Information about the Fulbright Program is available at:
http://fulbright.state.gov and www.fulbright-egypt.org
Posted by carijoy at February 1, 2012 10:42 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Executive Director Position:
Tracked on April 11, 2013 05:29 AM
» cHEap OaklEy antix from cHEap OaklEy antix
Have a excellent day!I'm very glad when see your post.I quite endorse your point of view.I will continue to following on your blog.I sure that the future I will see more about your ingenious views. [Read More]
Tracked on May 14, 2013 03:34 PM