October 29, 2008
Guest Wireless Network
The Guest Wireless Network is now active throughout the Cancer Center and the cancer in-patient units (which include 8A/8B). As a result, patients and guests may be referred to the PERC if they need to speak to someone about the network.
Please note: we are not able to assist patrons in connecting their own laptop or iPod to the guest network. We can only refer them to the numbers located on the back page of the Wireless Internet brochure. These brochures are located in the PERC on the 4th shelf of the book case where the DVDs are stored. In addition, these brochures are currently stocked in the waiting rooms and infusion areas of the Cancer Center.
When you check out an iTouch through our Sight & Sound Program please make sure it is connected to the Internet. This should be done after the checkout process is completed before the patron leaves the PERC.
Here are the instructions:
1. Tap on the Safari icon to open it. (Safari is the iPod web browser, smiliar to Internet Explorer on the Windows computer.)
2. The iTouch will load the Visitor Access Computer Network Agreement page which requires a simple log in. If an error message is displayed - just tap on "Continue" to load the page.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see two text boxes. Next to last name type in "guest" next to email address type in: "firstname.lastname@example.org"
4. The Guest Wireless Internet Access page will now load. Scroll down and tap â€śContinueâ€?.
5. If this does not work you may have to turn the iTouch completely off and and on again.
As always, please donâ€™t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Lori and Ruti
Posted by monti at October 29, 2008 04:22 PM