July 16, 2013
Marketing Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant- Genzyme
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Renal Strategy, the Marketing Coordinator / Administrative Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the planning, organization and implementation of some basic marketing projects that support the global marketing function and administrative support of up to 4 individuals for the Global Renal Strategy team.
The relative weighting of marketing communication responsibility and administrative support will depend on multiple factors including a candidate's ability and department priorities. Initially the weighting will be approximately 40% project based and 60% administrative based. The candidate will assist in planning and organizing marketing sales events, with a goal of further developing project management and product management skills.
The successful candidate must be customer-oriented and personable; have the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; have excellent attention to detail and be able to work with little direction. The candidate must also demonstrate past ability to relate to individuals of different cultures and different personality types, developing excellent rapport and relationships. The desire to understand the renal business and the global strategic direction should be well understood.
Coordination responsibilities including but not limited to:
Coordinating internal and external meetings involving logistics management and hosting (certain meetings may require travel - minimal)
Coordinating team POs and payments through NEXT and CATALYST
Preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, tables, and analyses
Serving as a liaison with internal stakeholders and external vendors to support various initiatives
Administrative and Project Management responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Providing administrative support requiring knowledge of department and business unit functions
Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of marketing projects that support the global marketing function
Generating and managing financial processes including project budgets, expense reports and check requests
Managing department communication for managers including mail, email, and calendar
Managing Global distribution lists and mailings
Making complex domestic and international travel arrangements
Completing through Concur the expense reports of supported individuals
Exercising discretion in handling of confidential material and information
Providing clerical support including filing, faxing, copying, data entry, etc.
Ensuring department supply needs are met
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Possess excellent technical aptitude navigating various digital platforms and project management ability
• Proven ability to work independently, highly organized and effective in handling multiple detail-oriented projects in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must exercise discrete and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary information
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a team player
• Strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS Internet Explorer and Adobe Connect presentation software
• Ability to interact with various level of business functions and professionals in and outside Sanofi
• Attentive to details and results
• High attention to detail and precision in creating reports, tables, and analyses.
• Ability to interact with all employees within the organization, including senior management, and to respond effectively to the needs of the business is required
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
1-3 years of administrative assistant experience
• Marketing or project management experience M*
Job : Marketing
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge
Job Posting : Jul 15, 2013
Posted by sjadrich at July 16, 2013 11:46 AM