NASW Student Social Worker of the Year Nominations
Posted: March 06, 2009
Each year one second-year or advanced standing student is selected as the University of Michigan NASW Student Social Worker of the Year. The U-M SSW Student of the Year will be honored along with BSW and MSW students of the year from the programs in Wayne and Washtenaw Counties at a ceremony to be hosted by the School on March 30.
To nominate a student, please submit a one to two page statement addressing the following criteria:
• Demonstrated leadership qualities (active member of student organization(s))
• Contribution to the positive image of a social work program
• Commitment to political and community activities
• Success in academic performance
• Degree to which the student represents the professional ethics of social work as defined in the NASW Code of Ethics
Please include the student’s name and contact information as well as the nominator’s name and contact information with the statement of nomination. Nominations should be submitted to the Office of Student Services (1748 SSWB or via e-mail: email@example.com). Nominations are due Friday, March 13 at 5:00 p.m.
The NASW-Michigan Chapter collaborated with the Southeastern Michigan Board Representatives and the University of Michigan to plan the Student Social Worker of the Year Ceremony to honor students.
This annual event is scheduled for Monday, March 30 at 6:00 p.m. and will be held at the Educational Conference Center, 1840 School Social Work Building, 1080 S. University Avenue at the University of Michigan.