Priority Financial Aid Deadline for Fall/Winter 2009-10
Posted: March 17, 2009
The priority deadline for loan and work-study applications for Fall 2009/Winter 2010 is April 30. OFA must receive your processed FASFA by this deadline in order to consider you for aid.
April 30, 2009: PRIORITY DEADLINE (Continuing Students)
HOW TO APPLY FOR AID:
1. SUBMIT A 2009-2010 FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA):
OFA must receive your processed (not rejected) 2009-10 FAFSA from the federal processor by this date in order to consider you for all aid programs. Check Wolverine Access to see if you need to submit additional application documents.
You may submit the FAFSA after April 30, but you might not be considered for all aid programs. Note that OFA must RECEIVE your FAFSA from the federal processor by this date, so you should apply well before the deadline. Federal processing can take up to three weeks.
2. SUBMIT AN APPLICANT DATA FORM (ADF) IF ANY OF THE CRITERIA BELOW APPLY TO YOU:
- You will graduate in December 2009
- You will enroll for only one term (either Fall 2009 or Winter 2010); this includes students enrolled in U-M-sponsored co-op programs
- You will be enrolled in the Nursing program in either Kalamazoo or Traverse City
- You are a student who is a parent with child care expenses
- You will be on Detached Study
- You will participate in a U-M-sponsored study abroad program (for non-U-M study abroad programs, contact OFA immediately)
for the Applicant Data Form.
The Child Care Subsidy Program provides funds to students with children to assist in meeting the cost of licensed child care.
Click here http://www.finaid.umich.edu/Types_of_Financial_Aid/child.asp#Fall/Winter%202008-2009 for information and application instructions/forms.
For more information, visit the University Office of Financial Aid (OFA) web site: http://www.finaid.umich.edu/Apply_and_Receive_Aid/Applying_for_Aid/current.asp