U-M NASW Student of the Year Announced
Posted: March 18, 2009
The University of Michigan School of Social Work congratulates Tina Sang, the School's Southeastern Michigan NASW Student of the Year. Congratulations also go to our other nominated student, Bethany Hadvab. The ceremony honoring Tina and MSW and BSW students of the year from the other programs in southeastern Michigan will be held at the School on March 30.
The NASW-Michigan Chapter collaborated with the Southeastern Michigan NASW Board Representatives and U-M SSW to plan the Student Social Worker of the Year Ceremony. This annual event is scheduled for Monday, March 30 at 6:00 p.m. and will be held in the Educational Conference Center (1840 SSWB).
The Student Social Workers of the Year are selected based on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated leadership qualities (active member of student organization/s)
• Contribution to the positive image of a social work program
• Commitment to political and community activities
• Success in academic performance
• Degree to which the student represents the professional ethics of social work as defined in the NASW Code of Ethics
All members of the U-M SSW social work community are encouraged to attend the ceremony and celebrate the accomplishments of Tina and the recipients from other schools.