Job Opportunity - Transitional Housing Technical Assistance Specialist
Posted: January 13, 2010
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is seeking a Transitional Housing Technical Assistance Specialist. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Housing Programs Manager at NNEDV and is located in Washington, DC.
For more information, please click here.
Please send cover letter (including current salary range), resume and a writing sample to Anna Melbin at email@example.com, by February 1st, 2010.
The Transitional Housing Technical Assistance Specialist is responsible for designing and implementing a variety of initiatives for more than one hundred transitional housing programs. These initiatives include topical meetings, quarterly phone trainings, coordinating a participant listserv and interactive webpage, site visits, and the creation of various resource materials. The Technical Assistance Specialist will serve as a primary point person with transitional housing programs across the country to develop programming that continues to both empower and support domestic violence survivors as they locate permanent housing. This position is one of a team of staff who work with the Transitional Housing programs.
This position will be located in our offices near DuPont Circle in Washington DC; however, the nature of this project will require extensive travel.
Qualified candidates will have the following related skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of domestic violence dynamics.
- Familiarity with a variety of housing programs services, including shelters and transitional housing programs.
- Familiarity with the wide range of providers involved in transitional housing services including nonprofits, city and county governments, and housing organizations
- Understanding of empowerment based programming and the ability to assist organizations in implementing empowerment based ideals in their programmatic efforts.
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of providers, funders, and national trainers.
- Knowledge about effective adult education methodology is highly desirable.
- Intermediate skills using the Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience working in an office and team environment, but strong capacity to work independently.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills. Benefits package includes medical, life and disability insurance, vacation, sick leave and 401(k) retirement program.
Please send cover letter (including current salary range), resume and a writing sample to Anna Melbin at firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 1st, 2010. Please indicate you are applying for the Transitional Housing Technical Assistance Specialist position.
NNEDV will contact qualified candidates with further information.
NNEDV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.