Data Manger/Analyst Position - VA Hospital, Ann Arbor
Posted: April 13, 2010
Job Description: Assist with the analysis and data management for health services research projects at a large national mental health research center in the Veterans Affairs health system. Prefer full time commitment but may be willing to offer part time position (20+ hours/week) to qualified candidate.
Candidates Must Possess U.S. Citizenship
If interested in the position please email your resume/CV to the attention of David Jordan: email@example.com
• Must be able to program, manage data, and conduct statistical analyses using SAS.
• Must have demonstrated data management skills and experience preparing data for analysis.
• Must have a solid grounding in statistical theory and application, and willingness to learn and apply new methods and approaches.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of research team.
• Must be proficient at data analysis using: multiple regression; analysis of variance; bivariate and univariate descriptive techniques; and must be familiar with the statistical assumptions underlying these methods. Experience and training with survival analysis, multilevel modeling, and large data sets a plus.
• Familiarity with other statistical/programming software (e.g., STATA) a plus.
• Should be proficient at summarizing statistical methods and results in writing with the quality necessary for manuscript preparation.
• Must have experience preparing graphs, figures, and illustrations of the results of statistical analyses.
• Should be comfortable with Excel and able to import data from Excel into SAS.
• Preferably with experience/training in the health and social sciences.