Part-Time Research Assistant Position
Posted: April 22, 2010
The William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan is now seeking a new part-time “Research Assistant.” This employment opening is available immediately and may last ten weeks. It will offer fifteen hours per week during WDI's general office hours (Mon through Fri 8 AM – 5 PM).
Click here to access the application.
Applicants must fill out the application and send it to Jill Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The deadline has been extended. Qualified candidates who apply before 5 PM April 29th will be given first consideration.
* Develop a database for collecting and storing impact assessment data from various partners.
* Assist in building impact assessment community, including an informational space on our website with an interactive tool.
* Develop and implement a marketing strategy for upcoming BoP book.
* Perform other duties relating to the BoP Research Initiative as requested.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE’S QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be a current graduate level UM student at one of the following: Ross School of Business, School of Public Health, UM School of Social Work, or Department of Statistics. NOTE: ALL candidates must be a returning UM students next fall in order to be eligible for this opening.
* Must have strengths in the following skill sets: strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, ability to conduct high quality academic literature searches, as well as proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience conducting independent research.
* Interest in Base of Pyramid research.
* Ability to work independently without much supervision.
* The successful candidate will be required to complete a Form I-9 and must produce original document(s) to verify identity and employment authorization to work in the USA.
Compensation will be up to $15.00 per hour; this temporary, part-time position is not eligible for any benefits.