Summer 2011 Internship Opportunity: Data Analyst/Program Evaluator
Posted: January 11, 2011
In summer 2011, Public Profit, located in Oakland, CA, is seeking an intern to analyze data and compose two major findings reports: 90 publicly-funded after school programs; and a teacher coaching initiative at 21 schools. This Data Analyst/Program Evaluator will conduct quantitative analysis and report writing tasks for these projects, among others.
An honorarium of $4,500 is provided with the internship.
Email a cover letter and resume, with candidate’s name in the document title (e.g. Amirah Shah Resume) to email@example.com.
For more information, click the 'Read More' link below or see www.publicprofit.net
The ideal candidate will have:
• Familiarity with a variety of child and family policies and programs, including child care, K-12 education and after-school.
• Hands-on experience managing data and conducting basic descriptive and inferential statistics. Strong familiarity with Excel and SPSS or STATA a must.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
What the Summer Intern will gain from this position:
• Opportunity to build skills in evaluation design and implementation.
• Extensive work with large data sets, including data cleaning, matching, and analysis.
• Co-authorship acknowledgement in findings reports.
• Chance to be part of an evaluation practice that is growing every day.
About the position:
• Internship will last from mid-May 2011 to mid-August 2011. Full-time hours(approximately 40 hours/week), though specific days and time of day is flexible.
• An honorarium of $4,500 is provided with the internship.
• Intern will work at Public Profit’s offices in downtown Oakland; work-at-home opportunities are available with a proven track record of performance.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.