Job Opening: Foster Care Case Manager
Posted: April 20, 2011
Family Service & Children's Aid has an opening for a Foster Care Case Manager. This position would require maintaining a caseload of children placed in the agency's foster care program, and providing a wide range of case management and treatment services.
If interested, send your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources, P.O. Box 6218, Jackson, MI 49204 no later than Monday, May 2nd.
For a listing of job duties/responsibilities and qualifications, click the "Read More" button below...
1. Provides case management services for assigned caseload
2. Maintains required frequency of contact with foster children, birth families and foster parents per agency policy
3. Develops effective working relationships with foster children, their birth families and foster children
4. Provides, arranges and supervises visitation between foster children and their birth family as needed
5. Maintains thorough documentation for case record and completes all DHS and FSCA required documentation and reports in a timely manner
6. Develops and implements service plan aimed towadr permanency planning, in coordination with the assigned DHS worker
7. Maintains court responsibility for cases as assigned and participates in court hearings as requested
8. Provides aftercare services as assigned
9. Maintains workload standards as outlined in the agency manual
10. Compiles with the administrative and service requirements of DHS and FSCA for provision of foster care services
11. Participates in regular supervision and attends staff meetings as requested
12. Explains and/or presents the agency's programs, goals and philosphies in the community as requested
13. Assists with program evaluation and/or research as requested
14. Attends training required by FSCA/DHS and utilizes additional opportunities for professional development (i.e. in-service training, conferences, etc.)
15. Fulfills the requirements of all agency systems for statistical record keeping, program evaluation, quality assurance, internal control and attendance monitoring
16. Provides other direct or administrative services consistent with agency procedures as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor and/or Agency Director
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a human behavioral science, or in another major where 25% of the course credits earned toward the degree are in human behavioral sciences
2. Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile liability insurance
3. Cultural sensitivity