Job Opening: Housing Resource Specialist
Posted: August 30, 2011
TWO OPENINGS: one 40 hours/week and the other 20 hours/week.
Compensation is competitive and both positions will be eligible for benefits (e.g., Health, Vision, Dental, 403b, etc.).
Position title: Housing Resource Specialist
Reports to: Housing Access Supervisor
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Work Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Department: Housing Access
Supervises: May direct and mentor volunteers, apprentices, student interns, and work studies
Posting begin date: 8/23/11
Posting end date: Until filled
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Assure the efficient and effective functioning of the Housing Access program. Provide emergency housing intervention and assist consumers requesting help. Provide support services to help at-risk families remain stably housed. Work in & foster an effective team environment.
For essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications, click "Read More"...
I. Housing Access Program Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a member of the “Housing Access Team” in the delivery of services related to housing stability.
2. Provide intake screening for emergency housing assistance. Analyze and identify housing options with all consumers. Provide advocacy and referral to community resources as available. Coordinate one-time assistance to low-risk families and individuals.
3. Utilizing the Empathy Model, perform housing assessments within 48 hours of initial contact for at-risk families and individuals with referral to residential and non-residential services as appropriate. Be available for off-site assessments as needed.
4. Provide ongoing support, mentoring, and impart programmatic knowledge to volunteers and student interns
5. Responsible for becoming knowledgeable and familiar with local housing resources, local landlords and low income properties in Washtenaw County
6. Assist with data entry and/or tracking of phone logs
7. Other duties as assigned by Housing Access Supervisor.
8. Assure that all programs and services reflect agency’s commitment to diversity, equity, and multicultural competence
9. Attend interagency meetings as requested
10. Assist in volunteer training as assigned
II. Washtenaw Homeless Management Information System (HMIS):
1. Perform data entry of consumer records in HMIS in “real time”
2. Correct in a timely manner any errors discovered by data entry audit for which employee is responsible for having entered
3. Participate in Service Point training sessions as requested
1. Actively support the SOS commitment to diversity in all areas and responsibilities
2. Uphold and ensure appropriate enforcement of all agency policies and practices
3. Participate in community relations and outreach tasks as directed and required
•BSW or BA in Social Sciences with at least one year of relevant experience
•Experience and understanding of homeless families and individuals with a sensitivity of the special needs of minorities, women and low-income populations
•Experience in crisis intervention, assessment, housing assistance, case management and advocacy
•Knowledge of community resources, particularly Department of Human Services (DHS) benefits, and housing subsidy programs
•Ability to plan and organize the work of others
•Experience supervising volunteers preferred
•Ability to speak and write in a concise and effective manner
•Ability to deal effectively with the public
•Ability to set up and maintain an organized work environment
•Ability to prioritize work assignments
•Ability to work in a team environment, to put personal preferences aside for the good of the team and the consumers the agency serves
•Ability to multitask
•Ability to work under pressure and to solve problems
•Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is required
•Ability to accurately type and perform data entry is required
•Maintain compliance with the Substance Free Work Place Act, the Privacy Act and Federal, State and local laws regarding professional standards of conduct