Job Opening: Maternal Infant Health Program Social Worker
Posted: January 20, 2012
The ACCESS MIHP is a program for women covered by Medicaid during pregnancy and up to 60 days after birth, and infants covered by Medicaid in Wayne County. This program is formerly known as Maternal Support Services/Infant Support Services (MSS/ISS). MIHP provides social support information, and care coordination services to promote healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infant development. The ACCESS MIHP program is certified, monitored, and funded by the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) and is intended to supplement regular prenatal and infant care by medical providers (doctors, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners and physician assistants).
Applicant must be fluent in English and Arabic. This position is full-time and located in Dearborn, MI.
For more information about the position, click "Read More"...
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides comprehensive assessments across multiple domains including health risks, drug use, domestic violence, infant health, social work support services, case management, and psychosocial education to pregnant and postpartum women and to mothers of infants.
- Helps to provide intensive support services to needed clients.
- Provides care coordination, access to transportation to medical appointments, substance abuse treatment, childbirth and parenting education classes.
- Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team that also includes a registered nurse, registered dietician and infant mental health specialist, managed by the MIHP Coordinator.
- Participates in and leads team reviews, staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Provides parenting sessions and conducts parenting education curriculum.
- Assists in grant writing and data entry activities.
- Develops and update educational materials for use by clients.
- Manages information by documenting data gathered, billing properly and documenting services provided in program records including the qualifying health risk assessments in accordance to policies and procedures. Data may be documented in hardy copy or electronically.
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: Successful candidate must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities under pressure. Must have reliable transportation and a valid Michigan Driver’s License in order to make frequent visits to clients’ homes. Must have strong decision making and problem solving skills. Must be fluent in English and Arabic, both written and verbal. Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must have experience conducting ASQ and ASQ-E. Must be familiar with resources and social service agencies in Wayne County, must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail and the Internet, must be reliable and professional in all aspects of work, must have a flexible schedule, must be culturally competent and work well in a team environment.
Education/Experience: Ideal candidate should have at least a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) and at least one year of experience providing services to families. MIHP experience is preferred. Must possess current Michigan License as a Social Worker with Clinical concentration; LMSW or BSW.