Paid Internship: Evaluation of Social Change Investments in Detroit
Posted: April 03, 2012
Local consulting firm is seeking a part-time paid intern to assist in a large-scale evaluation involving a wide range of nonprofit organizations in Detroit. This interesting and timely evaluation project is focused on measuring the impact of a set of grants in health, education, workforce development, racial equity and civic engagement in Detroit. Aspects of the project include: designing an evaluation and data collection instruments, improving city-wide school and health data collection systems, facilitating learning across organizations, and providing technical assistance to Detroit organizations in evaluating their work. This internship will provide a unique perspective on how evaluation can be used to support social change.
For more information, including how to apply, please click "Read More"...
The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in public health, urban planning, public policy, public administration, social work or education, with an interest or focus on program/systems evaluation.
• Strong organizational, writing and analytical skills
• Experience in qualitative or quantitative research methods
• Experience or interest in working in an urban setting
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Strong work ethic
Internship activities will include:
• Participation in the strategic thinking of how to collectively evaluate impact across a city
• Assisting in the development of data collection instruments
• Gathering and analysis of data through interviews, focus groups, surveys and other methods
• Organizing grant documents
• Independent research in: city-wide data collection systems, use of standardized measures, collective impact models, etc.
The selected candidate will work primarily with a lead evaluator based in Ann Arbor, as well as periodically connecting to the larger evaluation team in Detroit. This is an 8 month to year-long position, with the possibility of continuing. The position is approximately 20 paid hours per week, negotiable and flexible for the right candidate.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and writing sample electronically to Leena Mangrulkar at email@example.com.