Parent Education Group Meetings in June
Posted: May 16, 2012
The UM University Center for the Child and the Family (UCCF) is excited to hold a series of The Parent Education Group meetings for the month of June:
Monday, June 11 2012
Tuesday, June 19 2012
Wednesday, June 27 2012
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
All meetings will be held in Ann Arbor at UCCF, 530 Church St., East Hall, Suite 1465.
Please register by calling (734) 764-9466.
This workhop is for parents only, no child care is provided.
The Parent Education Group seeks to provide parents with practical information about Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disabilities, and to help with the challenges their families face. Additionally, the group offers participants an opportunity to share ideas, resources, and support with other parents dealing with similar sets of issues.The group is appropriate for parents of children in elementary through high school who have been diagnosed with ADHD and/or a learning disability. Group leaders deliver brief lectures, provide new tools, and facilitate parental discussion and mutual problem solving.
· Terminology associated with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
· Emotional impact of these disorders and ways to provide support at home and in school
· Advocacy for public and private school support
· At-home summer learning experiences and maintaining school year gain
· Community resources and reading material recommendations for parents and children/adolescents
· Life success for students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD