May 19, 2008
Changes we've seen
I've been working at the U since August 1969. For those of you who have been here a while, what has changed during your time here? In the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the 00-years?
Funny stories about working at the U
All of us have had our humorous moments while working at the U. What is your favorite story about something funny that has happened to you while working?
Topics for Discussion?
Hi All - Please join me in creating a blog about working at the U as a staff member. I think we can have fun sharing thoughts about what it is like to be a member of the staff at the U. Here are my initial thoughts about topics for exploration in this blog:
- What do you wish you had known when you started at the U
- Funny stories while working at the U
- Moving ahead at the U - what works? What doesn't?
- Working at the U in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the 00-years - what has changed along the way?
- What's the best mentoring you ever received and why?
- Urban myths at the U
- Working with faculty
- Your top 10 list of books, training, websites and/or other sources for professional development
- If you had a magic wand, what one thing would you change for the better at the U?
- No naming names -- describe your "nightmare" colleague or supervisor
- What's your legacy?
What topics would you like to see added to this list?