May 19, 2008
Topics for Discussion?
Hi All - Please join me in creating a blog about working at the U as a staff member. I think we can have fun sharing thoughts about what it is like to be a member of the staff at the U. Here are my initial thoughts about topics for exploration in this blog:
- What do you wish you had known when you started at the U
- Funny stories while working at the U
- Moving ahead at the U - what works? What doesn't?
- Working at the U in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the 00-years - what has changed along the way?
- What's the best mentoring you ever received and why?
- Urban myths at the U
- Working with faculty
- Your top 10 list of books, training, websites and/or other sources for professional development
- If you had a magic wand, what one thing would you change for the better at the U?
- No naming names -- describe your "nightmare" colleague or supervisor
- What's your legacy?
What topics would you like to see added to this list?