September 09, 2013
MESA Undergraduate Education Award
MESA members are invited to submit nominations for the newly established MESA UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION AWARD which has been created to recognize outstanding scholarship on teaching or other material contributions to undergraduate education in Middle East studies. Examples of such contributions include:
· WRITTEN MATERIAL: books, journal articles, conference papers, or published essays on pedagogy or undergraduate curriculum development
· PEDAGOGICAL MATERIAL: innovations in course design or instructional technology
· SERVICE: service contributions to undergraduate education in Middle East studies
The winner will be presented with an award of $250 and hand-calligraphed certificate at the MESA Awards Ceremony to be held during the MESA annual meeting in October 10-13, 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
2013 SUBMISSION RULES:
Nominations must be made by current MESA members, who should include the following:
· Completed submission form (copy attached)
· A letter of nomination.
· Three copies of the material examples (e.g., copy of the conference paper, syllabus)
· CV of the nominee
Nominations should be mailed to:
Undergraduate Education Award
Middle East Studies Association
The University of Arizona
1219 N Santa Rita Ave
Tucson AZ 85721
sent by fax to 520-626-9095
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receipt of nominations is August 30, 2013.
Posted by maclachm at September 9, 2013 11:34 AM