September 22, 2006
Slow Cooker Roast
Hardly worth the effort of an entry here...but this is a nice thing to get going on a Friday morning. When you get home from work, it is nice to have something waiting for you so you do not end up getting fast food!
2 lbs Chuck or English Roast
1-2 medium onions, sliced 1/3" thick
3-4 carrots, sliced 1/2" thick
6-8 potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1/3" thick
1 package of onion soup mix (any variety)
2 cups of water
kosher salt to taste
peper to taste
1. Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Salt and pepper (to taste) both sides of the roast and place it on the onions. Add onion soup on top of the roast.
3. Add carrots to the side and place the potatoes on top of the roast.
4. Add water and salt and pepper.
5. Turn on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
Posted by cseeman at September 22, 2006 07:04 AM