March 13, 2007
A variation on Shepard's Pie...this is a new favorite at home. Shepard's Pie and Chicken Pot Pie fight it out for a healthier variation.
3-4 cups cooked and diced chicken (great use of the chicken from the soup recipe)
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bag frozen peas and carrots (16 ozs)
2 jars/cans of chicken gravy (fat free works fine)
2 cups mashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat oil over medium high heat.
3. Add onion and cook until soft, 4-5 minutes
4. Add chicken, salt, pepper and frozen peas & carrots and stir until veggies break apart (3-5 minutes)
5. Add gravy and cook until mixed and starting to bubble (3-5 minutes)
6. Place chicken mix into round or oval caserole pan. Spread the mashed potatoes on top for the crust.
7. Cook for 35-40 minutes.
Posted by cseeman at March 13, 2007 08:29 AM