May 26, 2007
Sugar Glazed Salmon
This was a great recipe that I adapted from the cookbook by Cynthia Nims called "Salmon" (part of the Northwest Homegrown Cookbook Series from WestWinds Press (2005) - Picked it up at ALA Midwinter in Seattle.
1 tsp olive oil
1-2 salmon fillets (about 14 oz total)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tbs kosher salt
pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Get a piece of aluminum foil that will be big enough to wrap the salmon with a small air pocket.
3. Drizzle the oil on the middle of the foil. Place the salmon, skin side down, in the middle.
4. Sprinkle the salt over the salmon and add pepper to taste.
5. Spread evenly the brown sugar over the salmon. Fold up the foil to it covers the salmon and creates a light seal.
6. Cook for 20 minutes or so.
Serve with rice and vegetables.
Posted by cseeman at May 26, 2007 06:54 PM