September 11, 2007
Played with the recipe a bit...this came out totally fantastic! Best stew I ever made.
1.5 lbs stew meat, cut in 1 inch cubes
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1.5 cups of baby carrots
7-8 small red potatoes, cleaned and sliced into quaters
1 package onion soup mix
1 cup beef broth
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
3-4 tbsp flour
salt and pepper to taste
Layer the ingredients this way:
1. Add onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Dredge the meat in the flour (with salt and pepper), place meat in the slow cooker.
3. Add carrots and potatoes to the sides and top.
4. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top
5. Pour in broth & tomatoes (with liquid).
6. Cook for 8-10 hours & serve.
Posted by cseeman at September 11, 2007 08:47 PM