June 06, 2010
'Christmas' Orzo Pesto Salad
2 oz Pine Nuts
1 lb Orzo
1/2 green pepper - diced finely
1 6-7oz jar prepared Pesto (like Delallo)
3-4 roasted red pepper sections
1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Lightly toast pine nuts in a dry pan. Stir often so they do not burn (10-12 minutes over low heat). Set aside and let cool.
2. Cook orzo as directed for "al dente." When fully cooked, drain and rinse with cool water.
3. Dice green peppers (very small) and cut roasted red peppers into thin strips, about 1/4" wide and 1" long. Does not have to be precise.
4. In a large bowl, combine green and red peppers, pesto and toasted pine nuts. Add olive oil to keep moist.
5. Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
This is a photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/4675308306/