December 04, 2010
Corey's Pasta Bake
Adapted from the Hunt's recipe for Spicy Italian Pasta Bake.
This is great for family and pot-luck dinners.
* Cooking Spray
* 1 12oz. box rotini or penne pasta
* 1 lbs Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
* 2 medium or 1 large yellow onion, chopped
* 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips of around 1 1/2" long
* 1 pkg (12 oz.) white mushrooms, sliced in half
* 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 2 tsp dried parsley
* 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13"x9" (or larger) baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large nonstick skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat, breaking apart with spoon to crumble. Add onion, green peppers and mushrooms. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and spices; heat 2 minutes or until bubbling.
3. Add pasta to tomato mixture; stir until pasta is well coated. Spoon half of mixture into baking dish. Top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers once more. Bake 15 minutes or until hot.
Posted by cseeman at December 4, 2010 07:06 PM