December 26, 2010
Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Mustard Sauce
Want to try this recipe from Busch's for Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Mustard Sauce. Very simple and sounds great!
Italian Beef Sandwiches
This is a recipe that we have not made in a while - but was one of our favorites - think we will get it back into rotation! You use the slow cooker for this and it is very easy - and delicious.
Ingredients for Beef
- 3-4 lbs Chuck Roast
- 2-3 teaspoons chopped garlic
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1 bottle (16 oz) of Italian Dressing (any brand should work - we did not use fat free, but ‘lite’ could work.
Ingredients for Finishing the Sandwiches -lots of flexibility here!
-1 bell peppers (green)
- 1 red pepper
-slices of provolone cheese for sandwiches
-Rolls or Focaccia bread
1. Spread half the garlic and salt and pepper (to taste) one side of the chuck roast - then place that side in a pan to brown for around 4 minutes per side in a stovetop pan.
2. While the one side is browning, place the remaining garlic and salt & pepper on the un-browned side. Then flip so both sides are browned.
3. When both sides are browned, place the roast in the slow cooker. Then empty the 16oz bottle of Italian dressing over the roast.
4. Set on low and cook for 8-10 hours (this is not fussy - so it can go longer if needed).
5. Before beef is done, slice the peppers (using a thin slicer or mandolin).
6. Remove beef from the slow cooker. Use two forks and break the beef into smaller pieces. Cut the fat off when you find it.
7. When preparing the sandwiches, use rolls or sliced Focaccia bread. Place meat on the bottom, place provolone and a few pieces of peppers on top. Then enjoy!
December 20, 2010
Pam's wonderful recipe! A big hit at the holidays.
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate (melted - be careful not to burn)
• 2 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• about 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Mix oil, chocolate & regular sugar
2. Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed
3. add in vanilla
4. mix together flour, baking powder and salt - then stir into oil mixture
5. chill overnight (or freeze for up to 2 weeks)
6. Heat oven to 350 degrees
7. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into powdered sugar. Roll and make into balls. Place 2” apart on a greased cooking sheet or parchment paper (HINT: put some powdered sugar on your hands to help with this step).
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes
December 04, 2010
Corey's Pasta Bake
Adapted from the Hunt's recipe for Spicy Italian Pasta Bake.
This is great for family and pot-luck dinners.
* Cooking Spray
* 1 12oz. box rotini or penne pasta
* 1 lbs Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
* 2 medium or 1 large yellow onion, chopped
* 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips of around 1 1/2" long
* 1 pkg (12 oz.) white mushrooms, sliced in half
* 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 2 tsp dried parsley
* 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13"x9" (or larger) baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large nonstick skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat, breaking apart with spoon to crumble. Add onion, green peppers and mushrooms. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and spices; heat 2 minutes or until bubbling.
3. Add pasta to tomato mixture; stir until pasta is well coated. Spoon half of mixture into baking dish. Top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers once more. Bake 15 minutes or until hot.