January 26, 2011
This recipe was adapted from Emalee Chapman's Fresh 15-minute meals. The original recipe was for crab cakes. This is an easy recipe and it makes a great dish.
1 1/4 cup cooked cod or other white fish (skin removed)
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs flour
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Break apart the fish with a fork into smaller pieces and place in mixing bowl.
2. Add lemon or lime juice and eggs. Mix until well blended
3. Add breadcrumbs, salt and pepper (to taste) and mix to combine.
4. Using a tablespoon, form small patties. Sprinkle patties with flour on both sides.
5. Heat oil over medium heat. Cook 3 patties at a time. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain over paper towel and enjoy!