June 04, 2011
Simple Chicken with Broccoli Stir-fry
Not too fancy – but a really nice ‘fake-Chinese’ dish. Serve it over rice and it is a nice winner.
4-5 tbsp Olive Oil
4 tsp Chopped Garlic (or 4 cloves)
1 small Onion (sliced thinly)
1 8oz. can Water Chestnuts (sliced)
3 Chicken Breasts – thinly sliced
½ or whole Fresh Red Pepper (sliced into thin strips)
12 oz White Mushrooms (sliced in half if smaller or in quarters if large)
Florets from 2 Broccoli Crowns (keep as much of the stem as you would like)
3-4 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2-3 Scallions – thinly sliced
1. Heat 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil over medium high head.
2. Add 2 tsp of Garlic, the onion and chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes (stirring continuously). When done, remove and place in bowl, covered with foil to retain heat.
3. Heat 2 tbsp Olive Oil & remaining Garlic.
4. Add Red Peppers and Mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes (stirring continuously).
5. Add Broccoli and Water Chestnuts and cook around 5 minutes (stirring continuously).
6. Mix back in the cooked Chicken and stir. Add Oyster Sauce and Scallions (if wanted)
7. Mix thoroughly and heat for around 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
Posted by cseeman at June 4, 2011 07:54 PM