August 28, 2011
Garlic and Herb Lemon Chicken
Adapted this recipe from a McCormick advertisement for their Garlic & Herb Perfect Pinch - which is an ingredient. It is fantastic! I think that you might use any Garlic and Herb Seasoning mix in its place.
2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into slices around 1/3"
3/4 cup flour
2 tbsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb Seasoning (or other seasoning mix)
4 tbsp Canola Oil (or another vegetable oil)
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp+1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dried parsley
1. Mix the flour and the seasoning mix in a bowl. Dip cut chicken in water and coat both sides with mixture.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add chicken slices (filling the pan in a single layer) and cook for 3 minutes per side.
3. After cooking on both sides, remove and place on a plate under foil.
4. Heat the other 2 tbsp of oil and cook the remaining chicken the same way.
5. When the chicken is done cooking (and keeping warm), add the broth, lemon juice and around 2 tbsp of reserved flour mixture. Use a wisk to bring up the browned bits in the skillet and steadily mix for around 5 minutes. After around 4 minutes, add the dried parsley.
6. Pour over chicken and serve.
Posted by cseeman at August 28, 2011 07:05 PM