December 27, 2011
Holiday Orange Cookies
Adapted these from a few different recipes this year. Really liked the way they turned out for the holidays. Might be great with drizzled chocolate also.
1 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder + a small pinch extra
5 tbsp Butter - room temperature
1 cup White Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
2 tbsp Orange Juice
Rind from 1/2 a Large Orange (a heaping tablespoon)
Powdered Sugar to coat the cookies
1. In one bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add yolks, orange juice and rind to the butter mix and then blend.
4. Add the dry ingredients and then make sure that it is well mixed.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
6. After the cookie dough is removed from the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
7. The dough will be sticky, but roll into balls around 3/4" in diameter and then drench in powdered sugar. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper at least 2 inches apart.
8. Cook for 8-10 minutes and then let sit on the cookie sheet for around 2 more minutes before moving to a wire rack or paper towel.
Posted by cseeman at December 27, 2011 07:42 AM