February 13, 2012
Piccata-Style Chicken With Rice
Adapted from a recipe in Prevention's quick and healthy low-fat cooking : featuring cuisines from the Mediterranean (1993) by Jean Rogers. The original recipe is on page 161. This was simply fantastic!
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tbsp Thin sliced Almonds
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half diagonally (so no piece is too thick)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups Quick-cooking brown rice (I used Minute Rice)
1 tbsp dried Parsley
1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
1/4 cups Lemon juice
2 tbsp Capers (rinsed)
1. Over medium heat, gently toast the almonds in a saute pan for 4-6 minutes and then remove from heat.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook the chicken until lightly brown (around 4 minutes per side).
3. Add rice, parsley, broth, lemon juice and capers to the pan and bring to a boil.
4. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for around 10 minutes. Then remove from the heat and leave covered for an additional 5
5. Add toasted almonds and enjoy!
Posted by cseeman at February 13, 2012 08:20 PM