February 23, 2012
Warm Tuna Niçoise
Warm Tuna Niçoise
5 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar, divided
3-4 tbsp olive oil, divided
Kosher salt & ground pepper to taste
8 oz green beans, cut to 2-3" long
8 oz tuna steak, cut into 1/4” thick slices
2 tsp chopped garlic (around 2 cloves)
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips (adjust to taste)
2 tbsp capers, rinsed
12 Kalamata Olives (pitted) and cut in half lengthwise
1/2 tsp Lemon juice (adjust to taste)
1. Place cleaned and cut potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam until tender (around 10 to 15 minutes).
2. Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and then add the green beans to the steamer and cook for around 6 minutes.
3. In the serving bowl, add 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil to the potatoes and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. When beans are done, add them to the serving bowl (with the potatoes) and gently toss again (adding salt and pepper if wanted).
5. In a saute pan, heat around 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced tuna and cook until browned on each side (around 2-3 minutes per side). Place tuna in bowl with potatoes and green beans.
6. Add remaining 1 1/2 tbsp oil to the pan. Add garlic and anchovies and saute, stirring for less than a minute until garlic starts to brown.
7. Add remaining 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar and broth to the pan, and bringing it to a boil. Stir continually for 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat. Add mustard into the sauce and mix thoroughly.
8. Pour sauce over the potatoes and green beans, gently tossing. Then add red peppers, capers, olives and lemon juice and toss gently.
Posted by cseeman at February 23, 2012 09:21 AM