March 25, 2012
Shrimp and Cashews Stir-fry
This recipe was loosely adapted from a Food Network recipe for Spicy Shrimp, Celery, and Cashew Stir-fry. I took out some of the things I do not like and added Pam's favorites in stir-frys - broccoli, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Love the way this came out!
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Cooking sherry (or regular sherry)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch (divided)
1 lbs Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
3 tbsp Peanut Oil (divided)
2 Crowns Broccoli, trimmed with stems no more than 1 inch
1/2 cup roasted salted cashews (can increase to 3/4 cup to taste)
1 can (8 oz.) Water Chestnuts, Sliced
6 oz White mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half (if larger)
3 tsp Garlic, chopped
1. Mix soy sauce, cooking sherry, sesame oil and 1 tsp cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 cornstarch on the shelled shrimp.
3. Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large saute pan. Add broccoli, water chestnuts and cashews and stir-fry for around 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional minute. Then transfer broccoli mix to a serving bowl.
4. Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in the pan and add the shrimp. Cook for around 2 minutes as the shrimp turns pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
5. Return the broccoli mix to the pan and mix. Add the soy sauce mix and stir for around one more minute.
Enjoy with rice or noodles.
Posted by cseeman at March 25, 2012 06:46 PM