March 21, 2012
Warm Chicken Salad Piccata
1 1/2 lbs Baby red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
3/4 lbs green beans, cut to 2-3" long
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp Capers, rinsed
1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Grated lemon peel
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 or 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (to taste)
2-3 tbsp Canola Oil
2 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/3" slices
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Place cleaned and cut potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam until tender (around 10 to 15 minutes).
2. Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and then add the green beans to the steamer and cook for around 6 minutes.
3. In a large serving bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp capers, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, lemon peel and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Add the potatoes and beans and toss. Add salt and pepper (if desired).
4. While the potatoes and beans are steaming, beat two eggs in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat. Coat the chicken breasts with the seasoned flour, then dip in the egg, allowing any excess to drip off, and coat with the flour again, shaking off the excess. Add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden, about 7-8 minutes (around 4 minutes a side). Transfer to a cutting board and cut into strips.
5. When all the chicken is cooked, add the chicken broth to the skillet along with 1 tsp of the flour mixture used to coat the chicken. Whisk the broth over medium high heat for around 3 minutes until blended (along with the browned bits in the pan). Then remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tbsp capers, 1/4 cup parsley and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Top the salad with the chicken and drizzle with the pan sauce.
Posted by cseeman at March 21, 2012 11:30 AM