May 03, 2012
Rainbow Chicken with Shrimp
Loved the way this came out - though it was not exactly the direction I was heading. Tastes good without being any specific ethnic cuisine. Very good and it will be a regular. Not a lot here that is bad for you - so that is good!
Ingredients (Makes 4-5 servings):
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 Chicken Breast halves, cut into 1/4" strips
3/4 lbs Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1 tsp Cornstarch (divided)
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 Medium red onion, cut into 1/2" squares
2 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Lime juice
3 Bell peppers (different colors - using green, red and orange), cut into 1/2" squares
1/2 tsp Chili powder (regular or hot - to taste)
1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
1/4 tsp Coriander, ground
8 oz White mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half (if larger)
1/4 cup, Chicken broth
1. Sprink kosher salt and black pepper on cut chicken. In a seperate bowl, sprinkle the cornstartch on the shrip and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp Olive Oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large saute pan. Add onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. The add chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
3, Add the lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander and the peppers and cook for 4 more minutes. Add more oil if needed.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth with the other 1/2 tsp of cornstarch, then raise to a boil. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add the raw shrimp and cook until done (pink). When the shrimp are finished, the dish is ready to serve.
Enjoy with rice or noodles.
Posted by cseeman at May 3, 2012 02:25 PM