May 25, 2012
Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Mushrooms
NOTE: This recipe was reworked from an old recipe that I had, that in turn was adapted from a great one from "Quick After-Work Italian Cooking" by Hilaire Walden; Fisher Books, 1995.
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
3 tsp Chopped garlic (or 3 cloves)
3-4 skinless chicken breasts, flattened and cut in half
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Juice and zest from one lemon
12 oz White mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
1/2 cup Chicken broth
1/2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Dried Parsley
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add rosemary and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
2. Season the chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook until lightly browned, around 3 minutes per side.
3. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, mushrooms, chicken stock, cornstarch and parsley. Mix gently.
4. Cover and cook for 10-13 more minutes (turning chicken from time to time).
5. Serve with juices with rice.
Posted by cseeman at May 25, 2012 07:01 PM