June 24, 2012
Chicken and Green Beans
This was adapted from Chinese Grandma's easy chicken and green bean stir fry. It seems to be a great addition to our healthy menu and it turned out to be a fantastic dinner with brown rice!
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
4 Chicken breasts, skinless and cut into thin strips
1 lbs Green Beans, cut in half if longer than 3" (you can increase if desired)
4 tsp Chopped Garlic (or 5 cloves), divided
8 tbsp Soy Sauce, divided
5 tbsp Cooking sherry, divided
2 tbsp Brown sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp Peanut oil
1. Create marinade for the chicken with 4 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp cooking sherry and 2 tsp chopped garlic. Add chicken to the marinade, cover and place in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a separate bowl. These include 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp cooking sherry, and 2 tsp chopped garlic. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and cook for 5-7 minutes. Then remove from the pan and place into a serving bowl.
4. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of peanut oil to the wok. Drain the marinade from the chicken and add to the wok. Cook for around 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Add the sauce mixture to the chicken and cook for around 30 seconds. Then add the cooked green beans and mix thoroughly for around 1 minute.
Enjoy with rice!
Posted by cseeman at June 24, 2012 07:42 PM