June 12, 2012
Healthier Sweet Potato Fries
Adapted from this recipe from Dr. Oz's site: Rip Esselstyn's Portobello Mushroom Burger with Sweet Potato Fries
2 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small fries (use a mandolin for ease and uniformity)
Olive oil, sprayed (if you put it in a bottle sprayer - that works great)
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the sweet potatoes into a single layer.
3. Lightly spray olive oil ontop of the fries and sprinkle with kosher salt (adjust to taste).
4. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and put in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Then, remove the foil and flip the fries. Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
Posted by cseeman at June 12, 2012 06:13 AM