September 08, 2012
Adapted from Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry from Martha Stewart's website. I loved they way that this turned out. We served over brown rice and it was fantastic. This serves 4-6 people.
1 1/2 lbs Skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (1/4")
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Kosher salt (or more/less to taste)
1/4 tsp Black pepper (or more/less to taste)
2 tbsp Peanut oil (add more if needed), divided
1 Onion (medium), sliced into strips
2 Green peppers, cut into strips (use different colors if possible)
1 bunch Asparagus, cut into 2-3" pieces
4 tsp (or four cloves) Minced garlic
1/4 cup Chicken broth
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 bunch Basil, shredded (around 1 cup)
1. Pat dry chicken and place it in a bowl. Toss with cornstarch, kosher salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil over medium high heat and cook chicken for around 3-4 minutes. Transfer chicken and any liquid to a bowl and keep warm.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add onions and peppers, cook for around 2 minutes. Add asparagus, cook for around 3 minutes. Add garlic, cook for around 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken, broth, soy sauce, and rice vinegar to the pan and cook for around 1 more minute.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the basil. Mix thoroughly and serve over noodles or rice. Enjoy!
Posted by cseeman at September 8, 2012 01:27 PM