September 25, 2012
Roast Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
3 tbsp Mustard (Dijon or whole grain)
1/4 tsp Dried marjoram
1/4 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Dried savory
1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
3/4 tsp Kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp Black pepper, divided
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Red onions (small or medium), cut into 1-inch wedges
4 Chicken breasts (skinless),
1. Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 450°F.
2. In a bowl, combine mustard, marjoram, thyme, savory, 1/4 tsp each of kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Toss sweet potatoes and onion in a bowl with the olive oil, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Spread the vegetables in a roasting pan.
4. Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables, and then spread the mustard mix evenly over all pieces.
5. Place in the oven for around 35 minutes.
Posted by cseeman at September 25, 2012 07:51 AM