December 26, 2012
Sautéed Green Beans and Jarred Onions with Bacon
Adapted from the Cooking Light recipe for Sautéed Green Beans and Onions with Bacon. I loved the way it came and out will definitely make it again. It is a really liked it and the jarred onions add a really nice taste...well so does the bacon! And it is from Cooking Light - so it is sanctioned....right???
1 lbs Green beans, trimmed
5 Bacon slices
1 (16-ounce bottle) Jarred Onions (we used White Holland Style Onions), drained
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
1 tbsp White balsamic vinegar
3/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1. Cook beans in boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain and pat dry.
2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp (around 5-7 minutes). Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
3. Lower the heat to medium and add drained onions to drippings in pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, thyme and rosemary and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the beans and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
5. Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving.
Enjoy with almost entree!
Posted by cseeman at December 26, 2012 11:42 AM