February 05, 2013
Chicken Broccoli With Rice
In honor of the start of ActiveU, I adapted this recipe from the M Healthy web site for Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry. I loved the way this came out - so that is good. I played with the recipe so it is not quite as good as it showed on the link - but still pretty good. It is not exactly fried rice, but it is mixed in at the end - giving it a nice taste.
Ingredients (Makes around 4 servings)
2 cups Brown rice, cooked
1 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp Peanut or canola oil
1 small Onion, chopped
2 cups Broccoli (fresh or frozen)
1 can (8 oz.) Water chestnuts, sliced
1 Pepper, cut in strips
8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp Soy sauce
3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok with medium-high heat. Stir fry chicken strips and onion for 3 minutes, constantly stirring.
3. Add broccoli and continue to stir fry for 5-8 minutes.
4. Add water chestnuts, pepper, and sliced mushrooms and stir-fry around 2 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce and hoisin sauce and stir-fry for around 1-2 minutes.
6. Add cooked rice and stir until thoroughly mixed.
Posted by cseeman at February 5, 2013 08:32 PM