March 04, 2013
Healthier Stuffed Mushrooms
One of the things that we love to do on Oscar Night is to have appetizers and enjoy a fun dinner that way. We have some fun foods in store for this evening, but I wanted to make a nice healthy stuff mushrooms because that could be a nice way to meet these types of events in the future. I figure that I will come up with a few of these over the next few years - as we play with ingredients. This is my first stab at this and it was adapted from the excellent looking Skinny Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms. These came out amazing and I will definitely make these again!
8 oz Mushrooms, stems separated
2 tsp (or cloves) Garlic, chopped
2 cups Baby spinach, loosely chopped
5-6 slices ham, finely chopped (around 1/4 cup)
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbsp shredded (or grated) Parmesan cheese
Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
Cooking spray or olive oil spray
1-2 tbsp shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray a foil lined baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
3. Add olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add ham and minced mushroom stems and saute for 2 minutes. Add spinach and saute until it is wilted (around 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
4. Empty the content of the pan into a mixing bowl and add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
5. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on the lined baking sheet and lightly spray the tops with olive oil or cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-17 minutes and enjoy!
Posted by cseeman at March 4, 2013 09:39 PM