April 25, 2013
Chicken and Broccoli with Dijon Sauce
Here is a new recipe I wanted to try to mix up our chicken and broccoli dishes. This recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Dijon was from Kraft Foods and was really good. It keeps with our goal of eating well this year. We served this over noodles, but you can also serve it over rice. This was really great and a nice change from Asian themed stir-fries.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
3/4 cup Chicken broth
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
4 cups Broccoli florets
2 tsp Garlic, chopped (or cloves)
1 1/2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4" strips (around 3)
1/4 tsp Kosher salt (adjust to taste)
1/4 tsp Black pepper (adjust to taste)
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Mix chicken broth and soy sauce in a container, set aside.
2. Sprinkle the 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp pepper over the chicken.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and garlic and cook for around 4 minutes (stirring often). Remove broccoli to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Add the other tbsp of olive oil to the pan and add chicken. Cook for around 5-6 minutes.
5. Add broth mixture to the pan and mix thoroughly as it comes to a boil. Then lower heat to medium-low and add mustard. Mix well and return the broccoli mixture to the pan. Cook for around one minute and serve over rice or noodles.
Posted by cseeman at April 25, 2013 08:30 PM