September 05, 2013
Grilled Shrimp Mediterranean with Pasta
The recipe was adapted from Prevention Magazines's Lemon Shrimp with Roasted Peppers. I added some olives and a bit more lemon juice and it made a great dish. This is definitely a keeper.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
1 lbs Shrimp (16/20 or larger), peeled and deveined
2 tbsp & 1 tsp Lemon juice, divided
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
6-8 oz Spaghetti or other pasta (wheat or multigrain)
1/2 cup Roasted red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
1/4 cup Pesto sauce
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
1. Combine the shrimp, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and oil in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to grill, but no more than 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Discard the remaining marinade.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Thread the shrimp onto metal or wood skewers and grill for around 2-3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Adjust cooking time for the size of the shrimp. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
5. Toss the cooked pasta with the grilled shrimp, roasted pepper, kalamata olives, pesto, lemon zest, remaining 1 tsp lemon juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Posted by cseeman at September 5, 2013 01:02 PM