July 20, 2011
Pan Fried Whitefish
Modestly adapted from a recipe found on the Food Network site. Super easy and very delicious.
Ingredients (three fillets feeds 4 people comfortably)
Whitefish fillets (cut into 5" sections)
Flour (about 1/2 cup for three fillets)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. With the skin-side down, sprinkle the flesh of the fillet with salt and pepper to taste. Then sprinkle lightly with flour. Gently Shake off excess flour.
3. Place the fillets in the pan with the skin side down, cook for 4 minutes (you might need to adjust with the thickness of the fish). Skin side should be nice and golden.
4. Turn the fish over and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and let the oil drain (paper towels work here).
March 13, 2010
Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Sauerkraut
Been a while - this is a great dish and just in time for St. Patrick's Day! Super easy and delicious.
1 tablespoon dried minced onions
1 corned beef (average piece - 3 lbs)
2 lbs sauerkraut (canned or jarred) - you might need more with a larger piece of corned beef)
1. Sprinkle the dried onion on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Add the corned beef, fat side up.
3. Place the sauerkraut on top of the beef to cover. Include all the liquid from the jar or can.
4. Cook all day long - around 10 hours on low setting.
You could add other veggies, but we have kept it simple.
This is WONDERFUL as sandwiches with rye bread.