February 10, 2006
UPLOADING your work
QUESTION: How should one upload her sites to her respective ifs or afs space?
1. In FUGU or FETCH: make 2 new folders (naming them "test" and "students" would work well for this assignment ) in your "html" folder (inside the "Public" folder).
2. If the option comes up, choose to make these folders REMOTELY, not LOCALLY.
3. On your computer (LOCALLY, left side in FUGU), find the "web content" folder for your "test" site.
4. Open it.
5. DRAG the contents of the folder (index.html, css, images folder, pages folder) into the REMOTE folder named "test" (or whatever).
6. Don't drag the web content folder itself, just its contents.
7. You can drag all items at one by holding down the "shift" key as you select the individual items.
8. Repeat the process for the "students" site.
9. The resulting urls for your sites should be "http://www-personal.umich.edu/~username/test/index.html" and "http://www-personal.umich.edu/~username/students/index.html"
ASSIGNMENTS: DUE February 10, MIDNIGHT
FILES RECEIVED as of approximately 11:59 PM, 02.10.06
STUPIX (student pix) sites
1 jessie (site no longer accessible)
2 gary (temporary reprieve)
6 sachiyo (rec'd Saturday evening)
CAUGHT: photoshop exercise
2 gary- NOT IN (temporary reprieve)
5 jessica- NOT IN
6 sachiyo- NOT IN
1. julia: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jtapper/FINAL%20TEST/index.html and: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jtapper/TESTT/web-content/index.html
2. kari: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kbsilb/test/ and http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kbsilb/test/test/web-content/
3. jere: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jerecj/test/
4. jessica: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jbrums/test/
5. rita: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~ritalong/test/
6. sarah: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~storresa/testforphoebe/
7. michael: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mcrado/test/
8. jinita: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~sjinita/Test/Test/web-content/
9. martina: http://www.ravenblond.com/martina/test.html
10. kelsey: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kelseype/test/index.html
11. mia: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~miaschon/test/web-content/
12. miho: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~miwata/test/
13. lindsay: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~farrilin/test/index.html
14. sanna: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~aemart/test/
15. alice: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~akrich/test/index.html
16. steve: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~michkatz/TEST/index.html
17. britten: http://brittenstringwell.com/test/netirb.html
18. ana: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~delanana/test/index.html
1. britten's blog: http://brittenstringwell.blogspot.com
IMPORTANT: I'm serious.
Yesterday's in-class exercises comprised a test, and an important one.
Your work was due yesterday at the end of class, yet I have not received all of your responses.
You must have everything in by MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.
After that, your submissions will be bounced back.
I must know what you are able and unable to do BY YOURSELF.
DO NOT get help from any source- especially friends or other classmates.
I am depressed that I even have to mention this. You are college students. At times, it is appropriate and even encouraged that you help one another, and at other times, it is absolutely forbidden. You were told this in class.
If you sought and received help, it will most likely be obvious.
Your work may be graded down, and you will have to take a different test on Tuesday.
I will also accept your homework (due yesterday as well) until midnight tonight.
Is your test picture in this gallery? (controls lower right) If not, you've got a problem- we had a graded test today. I will accept your submissions via e-mail (both your jpegs AND links to your test pages) until FRIDAY MIDNIGHT.
AS YOU KNOW FULL WELL, your student websites were also due today. If yours is not on THIS PAGE, send me your links by FRIDAY MIDNIGHT or your work will immediately drop a full grade.
sorry if my sites are clunky- I'm experimenting with PhotoShop automation. and no one's gonna grade me! woo-hoo!
Damn. That's college for ya.
February 08, 2006
tips and aid
FIRST: open GoLive. In the menu bar, under HELP, check for program UPDATES. Downloading updates may repair program "bugs" you may have encountered.
Please remember to send me the links to your page(s).
February 07, 2006
other web tools
Sites can easily be generated with PhotoShop and the new apple program, iWeb (part of iLife '06). we will discuss this.
our great group: the members site
topics to cover/note:
• creating a new blank site.
• importing files (images, movies, etc.) into the site.
• creating page templates:
--setting background color
--setting a background image
--setting type style and color
• adding new pages.
• creating internal (page-to-page) and external (to other sites, email)
--menu bars, frames
• meta data
• design considerations
all of you should be able to make a site similar to "members."
February 05, 2006
things just got EASIER!
I've decided to make your assignment MUCH easier. You only need to create a site including the people in your group of 4 or 5 students (see below)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE RESPONDED TO QUESTIONS SENT BY THOSE IN YOUR GROUP. Sorry to those who have finished all 22 pages of their project--- convince me to give you extra credit.
In the "digital clinic" on Tuesday 3:30-6:30, room 2006, we will be working on a simple site- here's a preview link (I haven't quite finished it). I'll send you files and we'll go through it step by step.
Ana Ricio Del Angel
Britten Roger Stringwell
Gary Dale Blackburn Jr.
Jeremiah Christian Jaroch
Jessica Nicole Garfinkel
Jinita Mitesh Shah
Julia Meryl Tapper
Kari Beth Silbergleit
Lindsay Carroll Farris
Steven Andrew Katz
Rita Mercedes Long
Alice Kathryn Richardson
Michael Christopher Rado
Mia E. Schon